skyward adj : directed toward heaven or the sky; "the soul in its heavenward flight" [syn: heavenward] adv : toward the sky; "look skywards!" [syn: skywards]
Skyward is a K–12 administrative software package used in schools to manage and store information pertaining to Student Management, Human Resources, Financial Management, Food Service and Special Education. They are a premier provider of this type of software to over 1,200 K–12 school districts worldwide. Skyward applications are currently used for select school districts in 16 US States (with very high concentrations in Washington State and Wisconsin), as well as customers in Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, and India.
Technical PersonnelAs of the 2008 Skyward National Conference, Skyward divulge they employ technical staff holding several industry certifications: (number of certification holders) - (certification held) 25 – Skyward Software Experts (proprietary corporate certification) 4 - Certified Novell Engineers (CNE) 1 - Certified Master Novell Engineer (MCNE) 1 - Certified Linux Engineer (CLE) 1 – VMware Certified Professional (VCP) 5 - Certified Novell Administrators (CNA) 2 – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers (MCSE) 5 - Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP) 2 - Apple Certified Help Desk Specialists (ACHDS) 2 - Mac OS X Support Essentials certification for Mac OS X v10.4 4 - SonicWALL Certified Security Administrator (CSSA) 3 - Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA) 2 - Certified Xiotech Engineers (CXE) 1 - IBM Certified Specialist AIX 5L 2 - 3Com Certified Network IP Telephony Experts (CNTE)
Company history timeline
- 1980 - Jim King & Associates was founded in Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
- 1981 - A Personnel/Salary Negotiations software was developed for school districts.
- 1984 - The business was incorporated as School Administration Software, Inc.
- 1985 - The Skyward family of schools had grown from three to 50.
- 1988 - Skyward opens branch office in St. Cloud, Minnesota.
- 1992 - Skyward opens branch office in Bloomington, Illinois.
- 1994 - School Administration Software, Inc. acquired Matrix Computers, a special education administration software company.
- 1994 - School Administration Software, Inc. was renamed to Skyward, Inc. The company took on a new look and logo, yet maintained its focus on schools.
- 1998 - Skyward opens a branch office in Lansing, Michigan.
- 2001 - Skyward partners with the Washington School Information Processing Cooperative (WSIPC). In 2002, WSIPC began deploying software and systems throughout 277 Washington school districts via the Washington State educational service district.
- 2002 - Skyward acquired the SchoolAssyst Technical Division of TECS of Texas and opens Texas Branch office in Austin.
- 2003 - Skyward acquired Golden Concepts, LLC, an information technology company dedicated exclusively to providing technology services to K–12. As a result, Skyward opened a new branch office in Madison, Wisconsin named Enterprise Solutions.
- 2004 - Skyward completed an expansion to its corporate headquarters in Stevens Point of almost 26,000 additional square feet.
- 2005 - Skyward celebrates 25 years of providing administrative software to K–12 schools.
- 2005 - Skyward announces opening of branch office in Pennsylvania and a second Texas Branch office located in Dallas.
- 2005 - Skyward partners with the 41st largest district in the United States, Jordan School District, in Utah.
- 2006 - Skyward installs its first International Customer. The American Embassy School in New Delhi, India.
- 2006 - Skyward opens Branch Office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 2006 - Skyward opens Branch Office in Dallas, Texas.
- 2007 - Skyward adds two new International Customers: The American International School in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and the American Community School at Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2007 - Skyward adds their first New Mexico customer.
- 2007 - Due to continued customer growth, Skyward expands its corporate headquarters by adding a second office of 26,000 square feet in Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
- 2007 - Skyward adds its first Tennessee customer.
- 2008 - Skyward adds new international customers in India, Greece, and Venezuela.
- 2008 - Skyward adds their first Florida customers.
Citations1. Historical Highlights
above, abovestairs, airward, aloft, aloof, heavenward, high, high up, in the air, in the clouds, on high, on stilts, on the peak, on tiptoe, over, overhead, straight up, tiptoe, to the zenith, up, up attic, up north, up steps, upalong, uphill, uphillward, uplong, upstairs, upstream, upstreamward, uptown, upward, upwards, upwith